Chartered Accountant Course (CA COURSE) is the most popular course in the commerce stream. Every student has a wish to become a chartered accountant.
INSTITUTE OF CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT OF INDIA (ICAI) is the body that conducts exams of this course all over India and abroad also. It is formed under the chartered accountant act.
The benefit to be a Chartered Accountant (CA COURSE)
- Respect: Chartered Accountant will get respect in your whole career. If you will become a CA you will get a higher post in accounts and taxation department. You will get respect in society also.
- Salary Package: Salary package will decide on your knowledge, skills and past training. If you are good in all these three categories then you will get Rs 8 – 10 lac P.A. easily. But if you have any weak point in your course then you get minimum Rs 4-5 lac P.A. Your earning will increase according to your experience.
- Own Practice: If you want to be a boss then you can start own practice. You can make own clients and give services to them. You have to work hard in the starting period, but once you make 50 to 80 good clients then you will get more than a salaried person( CA).
- International Opportunities: After becoming a CA you can work in India as well as abroad. but you have to clear some exams in the respective country. There are many courses available in abroad after becoming a CA like CFA, ACCA, and CA in Australia, etc.. You will get exemption in those courses.
Eligibility to enter in a Chartered Accountant course
- Every student who passed the 12th class in any stream can apply for the entrance exam of the CA course. If appear in the 12th class exam then you can apply for this exam.
- If you get a minimum of 60% marks in graduation then you can enter directly in this course. In this case, you don’t need to give the entrance test.
Now Let’s Start How Can You Become a Certified CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT
- Common Proficiency Test (CPT): This is the first step of this course. You have to clear this test. This test is conducted in May and December every year. You have to solve 200 questions related to Mercantile Law, Mathematics, Accounts, and Economics. You will get 4 hours to solve these question and negative marking is also applicable.
- Integrated Professional Competency Course (IPCC): This is the second step in this course. You have to enroll for IPCC after a clear CPT test. This is divided into two groups. You have to clear four exams in group one and three exams in group two. You will learn accounts, direct tax, indirect tax, advance accounting, auditing and assurance, cost accounting, financial management and many more.
- Articleship or Training: This is a very important part of your course. You have to do training under a certified chartered accountant for approx 3 years and 6 months. You will learn the actual work of CA in a practical world and learn practical knowledge of your career. In this period you have to go to the government department, audit or client premises.
- Final Exam: This is the final step to get certified, a chartered accountant. You have to clear the final exam after a complete training period. In this exam, you will learn advance accounting, cost accounting, financial management, international taxation, and subject in advance format. You have to clear these final exams.
After clear all these exams you will get a certificate of CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT. Now you can enter the corporate world and enjoy your life.
Cons of CA course
- Passing Percentage: This is the main negative point of this course. The passing percentage is very low for these exams. You have to prepare your self for at least 8 years to study because once you fail in any exam then you have to study in the whole group again.
- The stress of Work: You have to handle the stress of work especially from March to October month. This is a period of closing of books, audits, and income tax returns. It is a period of handle mental pressure.
In the next article, you will get an alternative to the chartered accountant course.